Friday, June 11, 2010

Simple Things

I had to blog this while its fresh in my mind..
Sometimes we get so busy doing things every day that we forget to soak up the slow moments or simple moments.
As I was watching Logan last night, he was playing with his toys and his hands slowly analyze a new toy or they find a new way to grab something. It hit me again..wow..we need to soak up more moments like this..
..when Logan just stares at Mommy & Daddy and we wish we knew what he was thinking(Probably thinking "Who are these weirdos I'm stuck with?")
..when Logan tries to grab my glasses like they are so cool when I get so annoyed by them and my bad vision
..Logan could spend most of the day rolling around and attempting the scoot, crawl and does not get bored of it and I can get bored in a minute.
..just watching Logan discover the world around him like when he found out he could turn light switches off and discovering cause and effect as he looks over to see where the light went... loved that..when we could think thats so silly.
..soaking up a rainy day like it was the first time you smelled rain when sometimes I complain about it
..waking up each day loving life and all we have
I don't know I guess the list could go on but children are great examples to teach and remind us. Soak up the simple things in life before they are gone or before we regret missing a moment or wished we had done more or loved more.
The simple things help us to bring it back to the things that matter.
..I needed that reminder..

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the post. It is so amazing what things we can see in little children. Logan is so cute!! Keep treasuring the little things and watching him progress. Thanks again for your friendship and example.

Anonymous said...

Amazing Candice! I think everyone should be jealous that my older sister is you! Love you sis!