Friday, October 7, 2011

Motherhood

“[Growing] up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood. … Children rank way below college. Below world travel for sure. Below the ability to go out at night at your leisure. Below honing your body at the gym. Below any job you may have or hope to get.” She then adds: “Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for.”7

As I was listening to conference and loving the messages and things that I needed to hear this talk from Neil L. Anderson really hit me and it wasn't something I was looking for and this quote really hit me because as hard as it can be to be a mother. I'm grateful and hoping, praying each day to do the best I can...so it put it into a totally different perspective to me to think of motherhood as a calling! That since we are blessed with children on this earth saying motherhood is a "calling" makes me want to work a little harder on being a mother.

1 comment:

Katy said...

It was such an awesome talk! I really needed to hear that with trying for #4 right now and having no idea what even our short-term plans are. :) You're such an awesome example and your children are truly blessed to have you as their Mommy!